- US, China set to sign trade deal
- US removes currency manipulator label for China
- Dutch-Australia consortium Gentium-Damen to construct world class shipyard in Bangladesh
- Iraq warns of ‘collapse’ if Trump blocks oil cash
- Bangladeshi, Indian state-run radios launch broadcast exchange programmes
- DU students demand that the Dhaka city corporation election date be changed, polling same day as Saraswati Pooja
- Protect 30% of planet by 2030 to save ecosystem: UN plan
- Get policy right to develop non-apparel sectors
- Sabila Nur gears up for a busy year
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javed Zarif remarks that the Solaimani assassination had put Iran and the United States in the face of war. He also said that the mercenaries will have to suffer the consequences of engaging in a war with Iran for some reason in the future.
Zarif said this in an interview with US TV channel CNBC on Friday (February 14th) at the Munich Security Conference in Germany.
Iran’s Foreign Minister spoke at the start of the interview. He said that the United States made a big mistake by killing General Qasim Solaimani. They must be punished for this cowardly murder.
He then added that the US did not get along with General Solimani while fighting on the battlefield. That’s why US troops killed him in a drone attack in the dark of night. But Solaimani was on a peace mission.
At the end of the interview, Zarif said the Soleimani assassination had put Iran and the United States at war. We were ready for war and still there. If the United States is involved in the war against us, the consequences will be dire.
Read more: Erdogan is angry with India for standing by Pakistan
Iran’s top military official, General Qasim Solaimani, was killed in a drone strike in Baghdad, Iraq, on January 3. The killings were carried out under the direction of US President Donald Trump.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was saddened by the memory of Sheikh Rasel, the youngest son of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the nation's father.
Chief Editor: Saifullah Sadir
163/4 Dewan Para, Vashantek, Dhaka-1206
Acting Editor: Selim Takku
Al-Amin Super Market, 2nd Floor, East Mujum Pur, Kushtia,