- US, China set to sign trade deal
- US removes currency manipulator label for China
- Dutch-Australia consortium Gentium-Damen to construct world class shipyard in Bangladesh
- Iraq warns of ‘collapse’ if Trump blocks oil cash
- Bangladeshi, Indian state-run radios launch broadcast exchange programmes
- DU students demand that the Dhaka city corporation election date be changed, polling same day as Saraswati Pooja
- Protect 30% of planet by 2030 to save ecosystem: UN plan
- Get policy right to develop non-apparel sectors
- Sabila Nur gears up for a busy year
Police surrounded the party’s central office in Nayapalton before the BNP’s protest march demanding the release of BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia.
Immediately after 9 am on Saturday (February 15), a large number of policemen were standing on the sidewalk in front of the main gate of the office.
At this time, Khaleda Zia’s slogan stood inside the main gate of the office – BNP joint secretary general Habib Un Nabi Khan Sohail, volunteer party president Shafiul Bari Babu and 40/50 staff.
BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam entered the office of Alamgir at around 11 am. Besides, office-bearers including senior secretary-general of the party, Ruhul Kabir Rizvi, are inside the office.
Read more: Kill student leader in Dinajpur
On Saturday, at 2 pm, the BNP announced a procession from the front of the Nayapalton office as part of a nationwide protest program demanding the release of Khaleda Zia.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was saddened by the memory of Sheikh Rasel, the youngest son of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the nation's father.
Chief Editor: Saifullah Sadir
163/4 Dewan Para, Vashantek, Dhaka-1206
Acting Editor: Selim Takku
Al-Amin Super Market, 2nd Floor, East Mujum Pur, Kushtia,