- US, China set to sign trade deal
- US removes currency manipulator label for China
- Dutch-Australia consortium Gentium-Damen to construct world class shipyard in Bangladesh
- Iraq warns of ‘collapse’ if Trump blocks oil cash
- Bangladeshi, Indian state-run radios launch broadcast exchange programmes
- DU students demand that the Dhaka city corporation election date be changed, polling same day as Saraswati Pooja
- Protect 30% of planet by 2030 to save ecosystem: UN plan
- Get policy right to develop non-apparel sectors
- Sabila Nur gears up for a busy year
Zimbabwe cricket team has already set foot in Dhaka to play one Test, three ODIs and two T20s. The upcoming bilateral series will begin with a Test match. Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) will announce on Sunday (February 16) for the only test match.
There may be multiple changes to the team in the Rawalpindi Test. At least two spinners can enter the squad. The BCB team management has received such a glimpse.
Mahmudullah Riyad could be dropped from the Test squad due to off-form. Mushfiqur Rahim can enter the squad instead. Earlier, Mushfiq was reportedly forced to take part because of the great performance of the BCL despite the rumors of not joining the team.
Apart from this, Soumya Sarkar is not playing the Test. The cricketer is starting his second innings of life. And so he took a leave from the Zimbabwe series. And that can open the spinner Mehdi Hasan Miraj. He can get a place in the squad instead. Apart from this, Bangladesh is more likely to play extra spinners. In that case, the cricketer can get a chance. Besides, in this match, Miraj will own 100 wickets as the fourth Bangladeshi bowler, combining two innings and taking only 10 wickets.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was saddened by the memory of Sheikh Rasel, the youngest son of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the nation's father.
Chief Editor: Saifullah Sadir
163/4 Dewan Para, Vashantek, Dhaka-1206
Acting Editor: Selim Takku
Al-Amin Super Market, 2nd Floor, East Mujum Pur, Kushtia,