- US, China set to sign trade deal
- US removes currency manipulator label for China
- Dutch-Australia consortium Gentium-Damen to construct world class shipyard in Bangladesh
- Iraq warns of ‘collapse’ if Trump blocks oil cash
- Bangladeshi, Indian state-run radios launch broadcast exchange programmes
- DU students demand that the Dhaka city corporation election date be changed, polling same day as Saraswati Pooja
- Protect 30% of planet by 2030 to save ecosystem: UN plan
- Get policy right to develop non-apparel sectors
- Sabila Nur gears up for a busy year
BNP leader Golam Mawla Roney has commented on the founding chairman of the Jatiya Party, the late Hussein Muhammad Ershad, as a political genius.
Former Awami League MP Roney said that Ershad kept himself at the center of discussions until the last day of his life; He has placed himself in the center of power. But he was ridiculed. Ershad, in his talent and ability, made it necessary for himself and the Jatiya Party. That’s what his political geniuses are. The Bengali nation is unpredictable, so we could not contain political genius like Ershad.
He said this while addressing Ershad, a political journalist, researcher, Saeed Tarek, at a national press club on Saturday (February 15).
Chairman of the Jatiya Party and Deputy Leader of the Opposition in Parliament GM Quader was not present as the chief guest. Also present were former Zilla Parishad Chairman Ahsan Habib Rikon, student leader Alamgir Sikder Lotan, Sunil Shubh and many others.
It was informed on the occasion that Bangla Research has published the book. The book can be found at the mall’s 381 stalls.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was saddened by the memory of Sheikh Rasel, the youngest son of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the nation's father.
Chief Editor: Saifullah Sadir
163/4 Dewan Para, Vashantek, Dhaka-1206
Acting Editor: Selim Takku
Al-Amin Super Market, 2nd Floor, East Mujum Pur, Kushtia,