- US, China set to sign trade deal
- US removes currency manipulator label for China
- Dutch-Australia consortium Gentium-Damen to construct world class shipyard in Bangladesh
- Iraq warns of ‘collapse’ if Trump blocks oil cash
- Bangladeshi, Indian state-run radios launch broadcast exchange programmes
- DU students demand that the Dhaka city corporation election date be changed, polling same day as Saraswati Pooja
- Protect 30% of planet by 2030 to save ecosystem: UN plan
- Get policy right to develop non-apparel sectors
- Sabila Nur gears up for a busy year
Director of the Institute of Pathology, Disease Control and Research (ICR), Dr. Mirzadi Sabrina Flora said 312 Bangladeshi nationals returned to China from Quarantine by this afternoon but may not be returning home today.
He made this information at a regular briefing on Saturday (February 15). Following a briefing, the IEDCR, through an emergency press release, urged media outlets not to crowd in or around Ashkona Haj camp.
Dr. Sabrina Flora said the night could be longer to finish the process. As a result, they are likely to leave the Haj camp by tomorrow morning.
The ICR reports that the 14-day quarantine of Bangladeshi nationals is going to end today. After the quarantine, the health screening of the citizens of Bangladesh will be held this afternoon and necessary health advice will be given. Journalists are eager to witness the quarantine completion of the return passengers. But it is the professional ethical responsibility of all of the 312 U.N. returning passengers to complete the quarantine. So today’s quarantine closing activities are not open to the public. Journalists in and around Ashoka’s temporary quarantine center will not be aware of the importance of the matter.
The ICR Director said I call upon journalists and all the Mahals to cooperate sensitively in dealing with this touching emergency public health situation.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was saddened by the memory of Sheikh Rasel, the youngest son of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the nation's father.
Chief Editor: Saifullah Sadir
163/4 Dewan Para, Vashantek, Dhaka-1206
Acting Editor: Selim Takku
Al-Amin Super Market, 2nd Floor, East Mujum Pur, Kushtia,